Selling at Farmers Markets
Farmers markets can be a great place to sell your product directly to consumers. Markets are a popular channel for beginning farmers, and it is important to understand how you can set yourself apart in such a competitive environment. This page gives vendors a place to start. We’re here to help you be successful at farmers markets. For direct technical assistance contact us here.
- Three Big Ideas on Your Booth: Booth set-up ideas from the Marketing for Hippies website.
- Farmers Market Display Checklist (pdf direct download): A booth set-up checklist and analysis tool from the University of Vermont Extension.
Farmers Market Marketing and Profitability
- Tips for Selling at Farmers Markets, ATTRA Website
This tip sheet highlights the advantages, considerations, and key questions you should ask yourself when considering selling at a farmers market.
- Growing For Market Website A guide covering all aspects of selling at markets
- Farm Marketing Resources, BeginningFarmers.org Website
A list of online marketing resources for beginning farmers.
- Recipes, Michigan Farmers Market Association Website
Simple ways to prepare fresh fruits and vegetables from the Michigan Farmers Market Association.
- Farm Start-Up, ATTRA Website
- Vendor Promotion Resources, Healthy By Design (pdf direct download)
- State of Montana Weights and Measures for Vendors, MT -Department of Agriculture (pdf direct download)
- Participating at Farmers Markets, MT-Department of Agriculture (pdf direct download)